Q.

Does walking induce labor?

My friends sister is in labor and she was wondering does walking induce labor. I suggested that it doesnt induce labor but does not induce labor more than it will prevent the baby from coming. Am I right, Are there any other things that I should tell her. 

Related Topics: Baby, Walking, Labor

A.

Having been blessed with bearing five children, I can say that walking certainly helps it along. It helps to change your center of gravity and allows the baby to push down where it wants to go.  If your contractions stop after you stop walking and sit or lie down, it likely isn't true labor but Braxton-Hicks contractions.  hope this helps and congratulations on the upcoming (?) birth.