Q.

can i put rice cereal in my month old sons formula to thicken it up it seems he gets to much air when he drinks

the roof of his mouth is higher then most babies 
Related Topics: Drinking, Mouth, Baby, Cereal, Rice

A.
No, no, and no.

At one month old, your baby is not physically developed enough to ingest cereals yet. When you introduce solid foods too early (and rice cereal constitutes "solid food" in baby language), you can increase your baby's risk of developing a food allergy later.

It's not uncommon for babies to get gassy when they nurse, whether from breast or bottle. If you feel your baby is having problems feeding, please call your pediatrician or lactation consultant. They will provide you with all the information you need to make sure your baby gets adequate nutrition that's appropriate for his age.

I wish you and your beautiful baby all the best!