Q.

how long after sexual intercourse will one know if they have herpes

my fiance just found out she has herpes, how long after sexual encounter will you know if you have it. how long does it take to after having sex with someone

Related Topics: Sexual Intercourse, Herpes

Best Answer 
A.
Most Helpful Answer
How long before you know if you've been infected with genital herpes? Possibly never. Many people, like your fiancee, have no idea they're infected with genital herpes. That's how it gets spread. And men, like yourself, often have few symptoms.

If you do get symptoms, you'll likely notice small blisters on your penis or scrotum. These eventually will burst and crust over before disappearing. However, it's possibly you'll never notice them.

Because you know your fiancee positively has herpes, you should see your doctor for a blood test to determine whether or not you also have the virus. If you don't have the virus and don't want to contract it, then you should use a condom. It does not provide 100% protection against getting herpes, but it's a good start. To increase your chances of avoiding the virus, don't have sex when your fiancee is having an active outbreak of sores.

I'm sorry to hear your fiancee just learned she has herpes. Just FYI, there is no cure for this yet. I wish you both the best!