Q.

what is the best over the counter diet pill for weight loss and energy

A.
My gut response to this is: None of them.

Diet pills are not the answer for long-term weight loss and energy. The best way to lose weight and increase energy is simple. Eat a healthy, balanced diet and exercise regularly (at least three times a week). If you do just these two things, and do them consistently, you'll lose weight, keep it off, and probably see your energy level rise considerably.

Check out WebMD's Diet Community for plenty of tips of on how safely lose weight and keep it off for good!

All the best to you!

Fitness
Health Coach, WebMD
A.

Although some diet pills may work to promote weight loss and boost energy, are the side effects really worth it?

Take Alli, for example, the first FDA approved over-the-counter weight loss pill. Some of the side effects of Alli include oily or fatty stools and difficulty controlling bowel movements that can cause leakage into undergarments. Also, although rare, a more serious problem is possible liver damage. Keep in mind that Alli is actually approved by the FDA, undergoing a very extensive process, while many other pills or supplements have no additional research to verify their claims or identify risks.

The answer is simple: diet pills can’t replace healthy lifestyle behavior changes like implementing an exercise routine or eating whole food to promote weight loss.

A.

My husband and I started to use myfitnesspal.com 3 weeks ago and I have lost 3 pounds already.  We are not going hungry, just counting our calories and cutting our portions as we have always been big portion eaters.  We are also walking from 45 min to 60 min at least 3 times a week which gives you more calories.  We usually don't use them though because the calories for women are 1200 and men are 1500.  This system is a very good way to learn to eat better. Log in and check it out.  You will be surprised and happy with what you find.

A.
Taking Diet Pills will only curb your appetite, they will not help you stay healthy. They can also lead to an addiction.
You do need to do some form of Exercise, like walking or Biking.

A.
I am not familiar so much familiar with over the counter weight loss pills but I suggest that you speak with Dr. Eric Schweiger, an Assistant Clinical Professor of Dermatology at Mount Sinai Medical Center. He can help you with your weight loss plans. 

http://www.nyccosmeticdermatology.com