Q.

Any side affects to be concerned about with "JavaSLIM" green coffee pills?

I recently purchased a bottle of a green coffee capsule product (JavaSLIM) that is supposed to aid with weight loss.  Is it safe?  Are there any side effects to worry about?  

Related Topics: Coffee, Weight Loss

A.
The short answer is: We don't know.

Why don't we know? Because green coffee beans for weight loss haven't been extensively studied, so their safety and efficacy (effectiveness) has not been determined. This means when you purchase a product like green coffee beans, you're taking a chance with your health.

Green coffee beans are the latest miracle diet pill fad, but there's absolutely no good research to back up any claims they actually work. To my knowledge, only one small study has been done on green coffee beans. The studied included just 17 people. That's not a large enough sample (group of people) to draw any conclusions from.

One potential side effect I'd be on the lookout for when taking green coffee bean pills is caffeine overdose. This is becoming a problem with energy drinks that contain high amounts of caffeine. Presumably, coffee beans (green or roasted) also contain caffeine. Read the label carefully to see if it says how much caffeine is contained in each suggested "dose" of the product. While there are no hard-and-fast rules, some experts recommend limiting caffeine intake to no more than 300mg per day.

Lastly, let me say this: You can never go wrong trying to lose weight the good, old-fashioned way, which includes eating a healthy diet with portion control and exercising regularly.

Best wishes to you!

A.
I bought a bottle of java slim coffee bean I heard a lot of good reports about it but was just wondering does it really work and how long can it be before I see a change in my weight

A.

Next Question: