Q.

If untreated will a vaginal yeast infection ever go away on it's own, and what can happen if goes untreated?

Related Topics: Vaginal Yeast Infection

A.

Sometimes, if you can the symptoms long enough for your immune system to combat it. Why would you wait? Vaginal yeast infections are miserable, and they are easy to treat with several, over-the-counter vaginal yeast medications. If you don't like these messy creams or vaginal suppositories, the you can ask your doctor for a prescription for Difulcan (fluconazole)....a pill that you swallow that will do the trick.

The choice is yours. You can try waiting it out and hoping for the best, but personally, I think the best course of action would be to just treat it.