Q.

me and my ex boyfriend now have the herpes virus, should we still use a condom if we have sex with each other?

we have been having sex and not using a condom since we both have herpes. i'v had it for quite some time and he just got exposed . NEED ANSWER, DONT WANT TO MAKE MATTERS ANY WORSE.  

Best Answer 
A.
Most Helpful Answer
Some facts:

1. Herpes is not the only STD out there.
2. Condoms protect against other STDs, like Chlamydia, gonorrhea, HIV, etc.
3. Both you and your boyfriend have had previous partners. It doesn't take much for either one of your to stray (even though you may pledge monogamy). All it takes is a bad argument sometimes...
4. Condoms are cheap.

I vote that you continue to use condoms until both of you are 100% committed to an honest, permanent relationship, and you are 100% sure than neither one of you has any other type of latent STD that has not reared its ugly head.

A.

THIS IS MY ?. IN ANSWER TO THE MD. I GOT THE HERPES VIRUS WAY, BEFORE I MET HIM. RECENTLY WE BOTH BEEN TESTED NEG, AND NO OTHER DISEASES HAS REARED ITS UGLY HEAD, WE MAY NOT ALSO AGREE, BUT RUNNING TO SOMEONE IS NOT SOMETHING TO DO. STAY COMMITED IS WHAT IT ALL ABOUT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTEMPT @ ANSWERING MY ?