Q.

I have no fever but my skin feels hot. what does that mean?

this usally happens mid day and what happens is the core of my body gets hot. my skin is hot to the touch and i feel as though the sun is shining from the inside of my body outwards. it is very frusterating because no matter if I turn the AC on or run ice over my skin in a few minutes the same inner hot feeling comes back.

Related Topics: Skin, Fever, Running

A.
I'm sorry you're going through this and that it's concerning you.

The skin is an amazing organ. One thing it does is function as sort of a radiator for the body, in the sense that blood vessels in the skin's surface become enlarged to release heat when the core of the body gets too warm. This engorgement of the blood vessels in the skin can cause flushing (a red appearance) and may make the skin feel hot. The body releases excess heat this way in order to avoid overheating the core.

I guess my question would be why is your body getting so hot at midday? Is it because you're exercising, for example? Are you going through menopause and experiencing hot flashes? Or do you just get unbearably hot at the same time every day?

Our body temperature tends to fluctuate throughout the day, but if you're getting uncomfortably hot every day at the same time with no known cause, it would be worth discussing this with your doctor at your next visit. I mean, it sounds as if your body is functioning normally (your core gets hot, so your skin releases the heat), but perhaps there's some underlying cause for this that should be checked out.

I wish you all the best with this!

A.

I have a question for you.  Do you have a hard time sweating or perspiring?  The purpose of sweating is to keep our bodies from overheating....  Over the years, I have found that since I have a problem sweating,  my body has no way of releasing the heat and therefore anyone that comes to hug and kiss my cheek always ask me why I feel sooooo hot or like I have a fever, when I don't.  The heat is trapped inside.  Not being able to sweat is known as "Anhidrosis", research it and ask your doctor if this could be your issue.  I have also found that I have an issue with dehydration and when I drink the amount of water needed for my body weight, then it helps reduce my inner heat as well as benefits me in other healthy ways.  Hope this helps...

A.
This is exactly what happens in a condition recognized by Chinese medicine call "Empty Heat" or "Empty Fire"

"The clinical manifestations of Empty Heat in general (irrespective of organ) are:

-   a feeling of heat in the afternoon/evening
-   a dry mouth with desire to drink in small sips
-   malar flush (red cheekbones)
-   a dry throat at night
-   a feeling of heat in the chest and palms and soles (also called A5-palm heat@)
-   dry stools
-   scanty-dark urine
-   a Floating-Empty and Rapid pulse
-   a red tongue without coating."

http://maciociaonline.blogspot.com/2012/06/empty-heat.html

Applying cold to the outside like air conditioning will only keep the internal heat inside of your body.

see the url  above for more information.

Western Medicine does not yet understand this pattern of symptoms.

I would recommend seeing a competent Traditional Chinese Medical Doctor in your area, preferably one with the degree OMD (Orental Medical Doctor), a Traditional Chinese Medical doctor not just a licensed acupuncturist.  (The difference can be more that 5 years of study and clinical education)

A.
Hello, i have googled this specific question with the intention of answering all the queries that exist on the web with regards to this question because i myself had been suffering this for the last 4 months and it made me feel really sick, uneasy and tired and i hated the feeling of having to always keep myself in cool places and have to have three baths a day to just feel normal.I finally found the cure in an unlikely place. I have always had a little feeling of sickness when in warm places since a young age, but it got really bad 4 months back and every normal doctor i went to did all medical checks but all parameters such as blood pressure, temperature, and blood test etc were normal but i still was feeling heat, since i am in india somebody suggested i visit an ayurvedic doctor(ayurvedic doctors are doctors who prescribe medicines and treatments according to an ancient indian text called the ayurveda http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayurveda) so i made the trip to a well known ayurvedic doctor at the rejuvenation center at an ashram called isha in coimbatore, tamil nadu, india and the doctor there just felt my wrist and started her diagnosis, and without me even telling her the symptoms she said everything is normal but there is a lot of heat trapped in your system and she said it is not a very rare problem, she said that no mainstream medicine doctor has been able to diagnose it till date cause there is no such thing as body heat in allopathic(mainstream) medicine there is only temperature, she said in ayurveda it's called ushna(heat) and she said no need to go into the cause of it just have these ayurvedic medicines and i have been having them for three days now and i can feel the heat slowly leaving my system, i am suppose to take the medicines for 40 days but just today being the third day i am already feelin 60% better and ease has returned to the whole body and she also gave me some medicines to repair the minor damage to the system from this heat, so i would like to suggest to anybody who is having this problem that if no doctor is able to help then please no matter what country you are in please look for a good ayurvedic or siddha(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddha_medicine) doctor, nowadays they are all over the world and if there isn't one in your country then do make the trip to india and i highly recommend the one i went to, even if it is expensive to make the trip it is better to spend that then live with the problem for the rest of your life or contact them at http://www.ishafoundation.org/IshaRejuvenation they might be able to ship the medicines if you are in a different country. hope you'll all get okay soon cause i have been through the frustrating experience of going to many mainstream doctors and not finding a solution till this happened and i feel like a real fool for doubting that any alternative medicine science could actually have something very simple but powerful in it.

A.

Hello friends

I had similar problem since almost 10 years. I am M/30 years now. My normal body temperature, when I was not feeling feverish would be about 96.8 F (almost 2 degree Fahrenheit lesser than normal). When I am feeling feverish, the temperature would rise to about 97.ish, rarely reaching 98.

No doctor would agree that i have fever since it doesn't show up on thermometer. However, strangely my skin is very hot to touch and even normal person could feel that, but interior body temperature is not. I would feel feverish with chills.

I would have episodes of feverish feeling every 2 months or so and every time it would last for a 2-3 weeks. Doctor would prescribe some antibiotics and do some tests, but they were not helpful. I do not have Thyroid or any other deficiency, however I have been recently diagnosed with Celiac disease as well.

The reason I write this time, is because something miraculous happened this and I would want others' opinion if it helps relieve your symptoms as well. This might very well be a cure: 

Treatment:

Day1: Take 500mg Paracetamol. After 30 mins take Vitamin C + Zinc supplement

Day2: Continue Vitamin C+ Zinc daily for next few days.

I got fantastic relief on day 2 onwards and no longer feel hot and my temperature is back to 96.9ish J

Waiting for your inputs and wishing a speedy recovery.