Q.

Should I be worried if someone elses saliva gets in my eye

I am a child care provider and a child poked me in the eye with slober on his finger

Related Topics: Eyes, Finger

A.
As a child-care provider, you should be used to saliva, snot, and all types of bodily discharges. Seasoned child-care providers develop such great immune systems from these exposures that they could work in the slums of Calcutta and not get sick. However, if you are new to the kid-biz, then you will be getting sick from time to time; usually colds.

Our bodies have remarkable resilience, so you will not likely have any problems from the goobery finger, but if you do get an eye infection, you will need to call your medical provider. The tears have ability to wash away a lot of those initial germs, so I suspect you will be fine.