Q.

what is the average time it takes to pass a kidney stone once you start feeling the symptoms?

Related Topics: Kidney Stone

A.
There really is no "average time". That would depend on various factors, from the size and shape of the stone to its location in your urinary tract (ureter, bladder, kidney). It also depends on how hydrated you are. Hopefully, you are drinking plenty of fluids. The process can take hours...or days...or in some cases, weeks.

Smaller and smoother stones may quickly pass, while larger stones can become lodged, requiring surgery to retrieve them or lithotripsy to hammer them with sound waves until they turn to sand.

Kidney stones, no matter how big they are, are never fun (I have been there...done that). If you are the victim, my heart goes out to you.