Q.

my finger tips and thumb tips will crack and bleed get very sore wear rubber gloves with all cleaning and apply lotion

this has been going on for about a year , i have tried all i know, my fingers are very sore and bleed constantly. I try to protect my hands as much as possible. I need help with this

Related Topics: Finger, Hand, Thumb, Lotion

A.
I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. Cracked fingertips can be very painful!

If you haven't had this checked out by a medical professional, it might be worth having someone take a look just to make sure this isn't a dermatitis or something that could be treated with a prescription medication.

Assuming this is cracking due to dry skin, I would suggest applying A&D ointment to your fingers. You can find this preparation in the diaper rash aisle of any supermarket or drugstore. Sometimes it's called "Vitamin A & Vitamin D" ointment because that's what it contains. Vitamins A and D are essential to the healing process. You might see good results using this ointment or cream.

Rubber gloves are great for protecting your hands from harsh chemicals or from the drying effects of too much contact with water. If you choose to try A&D ointment, I suggest you get a pair of cotton gloves (such as those used for gardening or light yard work), apply the ointment at bedtime, then put on the gloves and go to sleep. The gloves will help keep the ointment where it belongs instead of getting all over the sheets.

I wish you all the best with this!