Health & Sex

Q.

Why am I not able to have sex with my girlfriend though I am able to have sex with my wife? Please advise

I have a girlfriend and a wife. I have same feelings for both of them. When it comes to sexual intercourse, I am enjoying for-play with both of them and sex only with my wife. when I am with my girlfriend, my penis does not get erected. My penis will get erect for a while then it lost erection. Would you please help me so I can enjoy sex with my girlfriend, too.

A.

Guilt can cause some interesting side effects. I suspect you can achieve intercourse with your wife because you are comfortable with her, and marital relationships are appropriate. You may be having problems having sex with someone other than you wife because you have deep-down feelings of guilt or remorse about this forbidden relationship. There is not likely anything wrong medically with your penis, but since your penis is controlled by your brain, perhaps this is where you should focus. We all possess our own sense of right and wrong, so maybe your brain is trying to tell you something?

Maybe if you asked your wife for permission to have sex with your girlfriend, things may be easier....or not.

A.
All I am going to say is that you should not be having sex with anybody outside of your wife. Maybe that is divine intervention trying to let you know and could be the root of your problem. 

Your girlfriend may know about your wife, but does your wife know about your girlfriend.  Things to consider. 

A.
Just because your girlfriend knows about your wife doesn't make the guilt go away. If your wife doesn't know, I think it has a lot to do with your subconscious guilt. My boyfriend was cheating on me, and he couldn't get an erection, for me. So I think it has to do with guilt, regardless of the use of an enhancer.

Post Your AnswerCancel

While writing your answer, you may find these tips helpful:

• Please try to keep your answer short and to the point. Be sure the answer is specific to the question asked.
  • To help protect your privacy, you should never submit any question or answer that includes personal information such as a name, phone number, email address, or mailing address.
  • Have a reference? Please include it to support your answer.

Today on WebMD

flowers behind back
Article
Upset woman sitting on bed
Article

couple kissing
Article
Exercises for Better Sex
Video

Life Cycle of a Penis
Article
HIV Myth Facts
Slideshow

How Healthy is Your Sex Life
Quiz
Couple in bed
Video

6 Tips For Teens
Article
Close-up of young man
Article

screening tests for men
Slideshow
HPV Vaccine Future
Article

Important: The opinions expressed in WebMD User-generated content areas like communities, reviews, ratings, blogs, or WebMD Answers are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider WebMD User-generated content as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.

URAC: Accredited Health Web Site HonCode: Health on the Net Foundation AdChoices