Q.

Can Lipozene(konjac root) cause positive drug test for amphetamines?

Lipozene (derived from konjac root) sold at walmart as dietary supplement for wieght loss. No mention of stimulants but caused positive result on drug test for amphetamines. Any info I can get to explain this. 

Related Topics: Drug Test, Weight Loss

A.

Konjac root is a gelatin-like substance and not a stimulant in any form. It is used for dieting simply because it has no calories and can "fill you up" since the gelatin does not readily dissolve.  it should not cause a positive drug test for amphetamines. If you tested positive, then something else has likely caused it. You can ask that the test be repeated.