I have a slight, dull pain below my right rib cage ( a 2 on a scale of 1-10). I have had it for 3 weeks.

I have no unexplained weight loss and the rest of my bodily functions are working just fine.

Related Topics: Ribcage, Pain, Weight Loss

Well, that sounds unpleasant. Nothing like a little nagging pain to ruin one's day.

The problem is a lot of conditions could cause the pain you're describing. Anything from gallstones to a pulled muscle. If it's bothering you enough, your best bet is to get an exam from your primary care provider. He or she can try to rule out anything serious.

If you spike a fever, that's an entirely different matter. In that case, you'd want to seek medical attention as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, you might want to try to figure out if anything specifically aggravates the pain or causes it to flare up. Exercise? Eating? Having a bowel movement? Drinking alcohol? These could all be important clues to help your medical provider diagnose the problem.

Feel better!