Q.

What does thrush look like in an adults mouth?

I have white pimple like things on the inside bottom lip and on the inside of the right cheek. Just wondering what you might think it is. my month hurts and food has no taste. My tough in numb and cheek inside is numb.

Related Topics: Thrush, Lip, Mouth, Taste, Food

A.
Thrush has a cottage cheese appearance in the mouth. Usually, creamy white spots dot your tongue or inner cheeks. Most of the people I've worked with who have thrush say it's quite painful.

Thrush is basically a yeast infection of the mouth. It is caused by the candida fungus. It can be caused by uncontrolled diabetes, HIV, or even something as simple as taking antibiotics.

You may be experiencing thrush, or you may have something very common called Fordyce spots. These usually occur along the lip line (vermilion border) or just inside the lips. This condition is benign (not life-threatening).

If your tongue is numb or painful and covered with white spots, you probably should get checked out by a doctor. If you're running a fever, you definitely should get checked. You can't self-treat thrush, so if you do have it you need to get a prescription mouth rinse.

I hope this helps!

Next Question: