Q.

I have very itchy red spots (some raised some not) covering my upper back/neck & in other various places.

They are also on both thighs, both feet, and on the inside of my L arm. My husband & I share a bed & he is completely untouched by these spots.

My 8yr old did come home Mon with head lice, so my first thought was body lice,. but what we bought treated both & that didn't help.
This started Tues morning & new spots seem to appear every morning.
My second thought was bedbugs,. but again my husband is untouched.
The spray we got for the lice also treats bedbugs & we checked & found nothing.

A.

Making a dermatological diagnosis requires a hands-on examination . Although I know you are "itching" for answer, a medical provider really has to see and touch these lesions, as well as take a careful medical history to make this important call. Trying to self-diagnose and self-treat isn't always successful, as you might imagine.

Head lice and body lice are two different animals, so it is unlikely that either one is your culprit. The term "itchy, red bumps" is really non-specific and can include hundreds, if not thousands, of clinical possibilities. The skin only has a limited number of ways it can response, and itching and create various rashes/bumps are just about all it can do. The possibilities are so numerous, that it would not be prudent to even guess, based solely on your description.

See a medical provider and get to the bottom of this annoying skin reaction.

A.
It's not an allergic reaction because there is nothing that touches only the affected areas and nothing else.

It's not because my thyroid medicine has been increased because that was done more than 6 months ago.
I know it only affects myself and my mother, my daughter only had head lice and this started at the time she brought them home. The 3 males in our home suffer from nothing, not even the head lice.
My mother and I have shared no physical contact, we don't even share a chair because she is in a hoverround because of heart & leg surgery she just got home from.
I realize this could be anything, I try giving as much information as possible but I realize I might miss something. If there is a question that can help I will gladly answer it.

Also, it seems the ones on my back are getting tops that are like blisters. I would post a picture if that was possible.

*Sorry I'm one of the many that can't afford a doctor until I can save up the money.