When I fast walk, I have excruciating pain from below my knee to my foot? Why?

Related Topics: Foot, Knee, Pain, Walking

I'm sorry to hear you're going through that. Leg pain can be so uncomfortable!

It's hard to tell exactly what's going on without a physical examination, but my best guess would be shin splints. This annoying condition can affect people who jog for exercise, but they also can hit people who just once ran to catch a cab or something.

If the problem is shin splints, the best advice is not to perform the activity that causes the pain. So, if this is occuring because you're walking fast for exercise, try slowing down your pace. If it just occurred randomly from a single activity (like catching that cab), then probably just resting the leg will allow for healing.

There are more tips at the link above.

Hope you feel better soon!