Q.

I use cold cream to take off my eye makeup. If a little bit accidentally gets in my eyes, is that harmful?

The cold cream I use is Ponds Cold Cream. It says it can be used to remove mascara, but the packaging also says that it's for external use only and to rinse your eyes thoroughly if you get it in your eyes. Don't know if this means that you only need to rinse your eyes if you get a big glob of the stuff in them. Or maybe it just hasn't been ophthalmologically tested. Please let me know if this is safe to use without rinsing my eyes every time a trace amount of product gets in them!

Related Topics: Eyes, Cold Cream, Makeup

A.
Yeah, you're good to go.

Cold cream to the eye isn't going to make you go blind or anything. Obviously, it's wise to rinse your eyes if you get a big glob in there, or if your eyes feel irritated after use. But, a small amount of cold cream in your eye isn't going to kill you.

Cold cream has been used for decades as a facial cleanser. I'd think if it were dangerous, we'd know by now!

All the best to you!