Q.

Is it normal for your heart to race after a nap?

Whenever I take a nap, no matter how long it is, I always wake up with a pounding heart and feeling very sick....is this normal at all?

Related Topics: Heart

WebMD
A.
No, that's not normal. I can't say what's going on without being able to examine you and run any necessary tests, so you should see your doctor for that. The symptoms sound similar to anxiety or a panic attack but I have no way of knowing why that would be happening with every nap, which is unusual. Get checked out by your doctor, so you can get to the bottom of it.

A.

i have the same problem plus when i get up or move at night cant breath when lie down on my back cardiologist ran tests and i have pulmonary hypertension would see a cardiologist i am glad i did