Q.

Feeling of a knot on left side after eating, just below rib cage.

A Cat Scan was conducted and reflected no abnormalties in my abdomin.  It happens after I eat and lingers on for hours.  No pain at all, just a weird feeling of a knot/pressure on my left side right next to/below rib cage.  I can do anything I want physically/work outs etc. Doctor thinks it may be trapped gas.  Anti-gas prodcuts have no real effect.  I am scheduled for colonoscopy in 1 month.  Would that help determine what this might be?  Any suggestions as to what it could be?  
Thank you!

WebMD
A.

My best guess would also be gas, which can cause strange symptoms if the gas gets caught in an area of your intestines or colon. Of course, the best way to get to the bottom of it is doing exactly what you're doing. The colonoscopy will tell if there is anything going on with your colon. The CT scan looks at the entire abdomen so it doesn't appear there is any obvious structural problem. If the colonoscopy doesn't find anything and you continue to have the problem, the next step may be an endoscopy, which looks at the stomach and esophagus. You just have to go through a process of elimination to see if something pops up as possibly causing the sensation. But the description of your symptoms doesn't bring anything else in particular to mind at this point.

A.
I have the same thing as yourself !Did you find out what it was?I had my surgery April 19th 2015.The bump right below my left rib last for about three hours after I eat! I also noticed I have lots of gas know! I look forward to what you found out?