Q.

What causes rumbling noise in both ears?

What causes rumbling like a motor running in both ears?  I can't hear bass tones.  My blood pressure is good.

I have no other symptoms.

Related Topics: Ears, Running, Blood Pressure

WebMD
A.

It may be pressure buildup in your ears, which can happen from allergies. You could try an over-the-counter allergy treatment -- something with a decongestant if you have no heart problems and your blood pressure is fine (make sure to read the label to make sure the medication is OK for you) -- for a few days and see if that helps. If not, you should check with your doctor as you don't want to ignore hearing loss.