Q.

how effective is spinal decompression for low back pain?

Related Topics: Spine, Back Pain

A.
I'm not sure if you're talking about surgery or some other type of treatment. But since I know about surgery, I'll answer regarding that.

Low back pain that's caused by compression on a nerve root by something like a herniated disc can be effectively treated with surgery. In this type of surgery, the doctor often removes the disc and replaces it with a spacer and a small piece of donated bone that will cause the vertebrae to fuse together after a period of time. However, there are several different types of lower back surgery that are used to treat low back pain. You and your doctor will work together to determine what the best treatment plan is for your low back pain.

It's important to note you may still experience pain even after surgery to decompress the spinal column in the lower back.

I'm not sure if that's the information you were after, but I hope it helps!

Next Question: