Q.

Why do I hear my heartbeat in my ears whenever I get even slightly stressed?

Whenever I get even slightly upset or stressed over something, I can hear my heartbeating in my ears. What causes this and should I be worried?

Related Topics: Stress, Ears

Best Answer 
WebMD
A.
Most Helpful Answer

When you get stressed, it's normal for your heart rate and blood pressure to rise. The rise in blood pressure can make your heart beat more powerfully in order to pump the blood throughout your body. While this wouldn't be an issue if it happened only occasionally, my concern would be that it could be a sign that your blood pressure may be elevated on a regular basis. Even if it's normal when you're not stressed, if you are stressed frequently and your blood pressure is elevated then, it still deserves attention.

First, I would make an appointment with your doctor to get your blood pressure checked. Also, ask your doctor if it would be worth you getting a blood pressure monitor to check your blood pressure when you do feel stressed and hear your heart beating. Also, if you feel that you are stressed frequently, I would look into some maneuvers to help you deal with that stress. First, talk to your doctor about it. Second, there are many things tha tyou can do to help your body deal with stress. Below is more information about the effect of stress on your body and how to tackle it. Don't underestimate the importance of regular exercise and also meditation. There is a lot of research to show that meditation can help your blood pressure and overall health as well as stress.

Tips for Managing Stress