Q.

my 3 yr son , he repeats what i say when i ask a question, some times he dosent understand what i say, is this normal?

at 1 yr his day care say he maybe autistic,at 2yr we went to autismcenter and doctor says that every thing seems ok,he dosent have repetitive moves,he like to play with children, his eye contact is good , and he love to be held, but the problem was that speech is delayed, at 3y he follow my order,he come and ask what he wants, but when ever i ask him a question he just repeat it, and sometimes he seems that he dosent understand what i say, he also knows and recognize the alphabit and numbers.

Related Topics: Autism, Eyes, Movement

Medical Editor, WebMD
A.

Every child is different and it sounds, from your description, that your son has learned some language skills.

At 3, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, your son should:

Understands the concepts of “same” and “different

• Speaks in sentences of five to six words
  • Speaks clearly enough for strangers to understand
  • Tells stories
  •  

If he doesn't understand you some of the time or repeats questions, he may have any number of issues eg hearing problems, language problem, processing issue

It is very important for you to see your doctor and a speech specialist. That way he can get any help he may need. The earlier help starts, the better it is.

A.
    sometimes it's because he doesn't understand,but my son had a 65% hearing loss and was reading lips.does he stair at people when they talk. my son did and still does. it freaks people out,but get him to ear doc