Q.

What happens if i leave my stitches in to long

my ear was bitten off and i thought they were the kind of stitches that would fall out in i was wrong. It's been 2 to 2.5 weeks past the removal date what should i do

Related Topics: Ears, Stitches

A.
Those sutures need to come out. The longer the sutures are left in place, the greater the chance of scarring, and the greater the chance that the sutures will become "buried" under the skin. Buried sutures are very difficult to remove, and left in place, can result in a foreign body reaction or an infection down the road. It is not too late; see a medical provider or the surgeon who repaired your ear, to have the professional removed.