Q.

does white tea have the same health benefits as green tea, especially fat burning benefits.

Related Topics: Tea

A.

Both white and green teas come from leaves of the same plant (Camellia sinensis) and are the least processed of all the teas.  For this reason, green and white teas have similar health benefits.  Green tea is used more in studies because it is readily available, and more popular, than white tea.  The key difference between the two teas is white tea leaves are picked earlier (younger) and are less processed than green tea.  The benefit is higher levels of antioxidants and polyphenols with research showing white tea may be the most effective tea in helping prevent cancer.  I don't know of any studies showing that they are comparable on fat oxidation but I would assume it would be similar.

So if you enjoy white tea, drink away and reap the health benefits. For more on key differences in teas, see this article http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/tea-types-and-their-health-benefits