Q.

colonscopy found heavy amounts of mucus in transverse colon what dors that mean

colonscopy found heavy amounts of mucus in transverse colon,getting ct scan with dye today, is it cancer in the lumen area!

Related Topics: Cancer, Colon, Colonoscopy, Mucus

Best Answer 

A.
I'm sorry you're going through this. It's always nerve-wracking to get unexpected test results.

Mucus in the transverse colon is a normal finding. Too much mucus in that area would be abnormal and would warrant further testing, which is why you're having a CT scan today. However, this does not automatically mean you have cancer. Colon cancer normally arises out of polyps, which can be seen during the colonoscopy.

Several non-cancerous conditions can cause excessive mucus in the transverse colon. Your doctor will use the CT scan results to try to pinpoint what is causing this and whether or not it needs to be treated.

I hope all goes well for you today!