Q.

Red spots behind ears correspnding with sore throat

I got a sore throat last night. Two red blotches appeared but do not itch or feel raised but they are very prominent and sit about where the gland under your ear is.  I have not changed soap, shampoo or anything of that nature recently and they only presented when I started to get the sore throat late last night.  What could this be and do I need to see a doctor?  One more thing, my husband is an active cancer patient and I do not want to infect him with something.  thanks!

Related Topics: Sore Throat, Cancer, Ears, Vision, Itch

A.
Here is some information on sore throat that I hope will be helpful.

If you're worried that you may have an infection that you could pass along to your husband, you should give your doctor a call and see if you can get in and get checked out in person. You will ease your mind.

The WebMD Answers Staff