Q.

Randomly breaking out in red itchy bumps, all over body, no cause to be found

2months ago I broke out in red, itchy bumps & they have continued to sporadically come & go since.  They seem to not be contagious, except for my boyfriend began getting them weeks after mine started. Our doctors don't know what they are, i have used creams, steroids for 2weeks & antibiotics; we have cleaned our houses top to bottom, nor have we made any changes in diet, detergent, etc in the past several months. They appear often after a shower; we goes days w/out them then BAM, break out again

A.
Have you checked your mattress lately? Or have you traveled someplace where you stayed in a hotel? Did you recently pick up a used couch for your living room?

The reason I ask is because bedbugs can cause the symptoms you're describing. Bedbug infestations have grown over the past couple of years, and the critters can travel in clothing packed in luggage, so guess what? You can bring them home from vacation with you!

This WebMD slide show offers some great information about bedbugs and shows what the bites look like. Maybe it will be helpful to you.

Also, I'd recommend taking photos of the bumps and writing down when they occur and how long they last. This information will help your doctor pinpoint a diagnosis.

Best wishes to you!

A.
Bed bugs are more than in your mattress, they infect every part of your house, the floors, bed frames, clothes, curtains, couch.. literally everywhere. If you wanted to get rid of it you could bomb and spray your house but that usually never works, the only way to be sure you get rid of them is to have your house heated with extreme temperature which kills all of them in one try, although it is expensive, its the only proven way to get rid of all of them. 

As far as the bumps, if its not bed bugs, maybe its scabies. They itch really bad at night and after hot showers because the insects dig up your skin so they can breathe which irritate you and make it itchy, if there are red or white really small line around or near the bumps it could be scabies. 

You can also develop allergic reactions even if you never had them before, or maybe you bought something as simple as a pot, pillow, or anything really that you could be allergic to. 

You should get your doctor to do a skin scrap test which can let him know if it a parasite, allergic reaction, or some kind of disease. It can be expensive but sometimes that's the only accurate way to find out what it is. 

Good Luck!

A.

I have had the same problem. After a shower they get worse. I have tried all different kinds of lotions including baby oil after every shower with no luck on the red itchy bumps. I'm also not for sure if it could be high chlorine in the water. So tonight after my shower I put olive oil with some essential oils in it for the smell. I don't want to smell like cooking food. This is why I grabbed some T-tree oil and added about 4-5 drops in a 5oz container with olive oil. I know that there is no harsh perservatives in it. So many lotions have stuff in it you can't even pronounce. I will let you know after a couple of days

A.

I seen that someone else has tried to answer your question. I know that our bed is brand new so I know it can't be bed bugs. I'm not saying that might not be an issue for itchy red bumps cause that is a sign of bed bugs. I just know this is not my problem and my husband doesn't have this problem. If you have found out what this may be could you please post your diagnosis?????