Q.

Why is the second toe on my left foot partially numb?

I only wear 2-3" heels twice a week for about 3 hours each time.  Other than that I am usually barefoot.  Actually, I spend most of my time laying down.

Related Topics: Foot, Heel, Toe

A.
Unfortunately, there's no way to tell you what's causing the numbness without a physical examination and possibly an X-ray or some other diagnostic imaging. Many conditions could cause the symptom you're describing, though the likely culprit is a compressed or pinched nerve. Even though you only wear low heels, the shoes could be at fault.

However, your best bet is to visit a doctor to get this checked out. It's probably not anything serious, but you don't want to permanently damage a nerve by ignoring the situation.

Hope this helps!