Q.

A little child in a daycare was diagnosed with herpetitis not hepatitis. What is it

We could not find it in the medical dictionary. I don't know if it is spelled with an "a" or an "e" after the p.

Related Topics: Hepatitis

A.

There is herpes, and there is hepatitis. There is no disease called herpetitis, so this is why you could not find it. The day-care provider or the parent who reported has been misinformed. I do believe that clarification is in order, however, since I think you should be informed as what your child may have been exposed to at day-care.