Q.

Can I excercise on adderall xr 25mg?

I have a prescription to Adderall XR 25mg. Is it safe to workout and excercise on the medication even after the effects have worn off? The reason I'm concerened is that my heart is working overtime because of the medication for 12 hours and I don't want to risk damage to my heart. I did go to the doctor last week and my heartbeat and blood pressure all read normal. i'm kind of a hypocondriac so please helpme out.

A.

You should be just fine with moderate exercise and proper warm-up and stretching beforehand.  Keep yourself well-hydrated throughout the day, exercising or not.  Dont try anything extra strenuous without talking to your doctor first.  And remember not to get overheated!

I take 20mg adderall each day and am following a mild-to-moderate exercise regime as suggested by my doctor.  I always stay well-hydrated and I slow down when I feel as though I am getting overheated (pre-menopausal).

Good luck.

PS  I'm a nurse too!

A.
I'm 39 and have been taking adderrall dr 30 mg for more than 5 years now. I take mine after breakfast in the morning. I have never had issues when I exercise but every person reacts to medications differently. Make sure you have food in your body and take as prescribed. Your dr. Or local pharmacist should  be able to tell you if you are worried. When you fill you script you get a print out of information about that medication and what to expect if you have allergic reaction, medication interactions, food interactions, etc. if your exercising maybe just every few minutes ou could check your heart rate. If rises to fast then you know its time to rest and you will know your limits. You may just need to let your body adjust to medication also for a few weeks.