Q.

Cause of Elbow Pain?

About a week ago I hit my elbow on a piece of furniture. Ever since, my lower elbow causes me pain whenever I fully extend my arm, pick up an item more than probably 5 pounds, or if I apply pressure to a bent arm (doing a pushup for example). I am trying to get in shape for the military and would like to continue working out as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.
Related Topics: Arm, Elbow, Pressure, Pain

A.
Sorry to hear you're going through this.

Unfortunately, diagnosing this problem requires a physical examination. A number of things could be causing the symptoms you describe. Anything from an injured ligament to a bone chip could be the culprit.

If this is an injury to a ligament, for example, rest is the main cure. It can take awhile for that type of injury to get better.

I suggest you visit your primary care provider to get a diagnosis. Your doctor can tell you what to do to treat this, if anything.

Hope this helps.