Q.

I haven't had a period in over a year now. Is it normal to have light bleeding, mild cramping, and tender breast?

Is this normal? I am 48 and have not had a period in over a year now. I am not on any HRT. For the last 4 days my breast have been very tender and my nipples are sore. Also my lower stomach is crampy and when I wipe there is a little blood but no heavy bleeding.

Related Topics: Period, Breast, Nipple, Stomach, Tenderness

A.
Here is some information on Perimenopause and Menopause that may help explain what's happening, but it's always best to give your gynecologist a call and let him or her know what's happening and get checked out.

You can also find lots of great information on our Menopause Community.

The WebMD Answers Staff