Q.

wish to relapse into smoking marijuana after becoming diagnosed with psychosis from. what are all potential repucussions

i was diagnosed with psychosis from marijuana. i want to relapse into smoking again. please write me a list of anything (links, scentences) decribing mental illnesses or stages of development of the brain, where smoking marijuana would do me harm

Related Topics: Psychosis, Brain, Marijuana, Smoking

A.
You were diagnosed with psychosis from merijuana?

Then, if you smoke, you'll suffer from psychosis again.  Did you do research as to what psychosis is, how it evolves, and how bad it can get?  You need to look at your family and see if they have any mental illnesses.

But honestly, look up psychosis and do your research.  A sever case can be a horrible way to live.

If you cant stop smoking due to a mental illnes and you want to take the risk, you should go into addiction counseling first.

Also, look into pschizophrenia and merijuanna use in young adults.

You wont find very much information in regards to developmental issues and the use of drugs.

The theory is that the brain develops as you get older, and if you introduce a chemical constantly to the brain, the brain wont develop as well or as it could, because it designed and developed itself under the use of something that shouldnt be there.  It changes how it functions.  Its why antidepressents are bad for children.  From my understanding.

Good luck, and dont end up in a psych ward!  Those places arn't fun.

A metaphore:
Developing mental illness is like falling asleep.  You can never tell where it happened and the only way you knew you were asleep is when you wake up.  Some people never wake up, or are unable to.

A.
It is HIGHLY unlikely your psychosis was caused by marijuana. I find that many physicians are quick to blame marijuana for any psychological problems they cannot explain, not realizing that most times the patient is using marijuana to self-medicate their already existing symptoms. I would first seek a second opinion. Also pay attention to the details, did your psychosis go away as soon as you stopped pot? Did it start shortly after starting pot? Did you have any signs or symptoms before you ever used pot? Did pot make it worse or better? If it correlates with the psychosis I would recommend not using it again, its not for everyone. However if you have any question, I would seek a second opinion.