Q.

constant hips pain when I sit, lay down, ride in cars and after I run. This has been over a yr,had no test, dr sd deal

did run 3 xs a wk 2x a day to mntain my wght, but now I run 1x a wk because the pain is bad after I run. When I lay dwn at night my hips constantly hurt and when I sit, hurts worse when riding in car for a long period of x, ie over an hr. Does not hurt to touch. I can stand and touch my toes. I get some relief going to chiro. But it is temp. I went to my dr who has not done any test other than make me bend down touch my toes,squats,stretches. Now my rt knee and rt heel hurt too.

Related Topics: Period, Heel, Knee, Toe, Running

A.
I'm sorry you're going through this. Pain issues can negatively impact a person's quality of life, and in your case you've had to reduce your running because of it.

If it's been a year since you last saw the doctor about this, it's time to go back. For one thing, you now have additional symptoms in the knee and heel. For another thing, even if the pain were confined to your hip, the fact it has not gotten better over the course of a year means you deserve to have it re-checked.

Many conditions can cause the pains you've described. Anything from sciatica to worn cartilage in the joints to arthritis could be the culprit. If you don't feel your doctor did an adequate job in diagnosing your condition, feel free to get another opinion.

I wish you all the best!