Q.

Right ear is plugged. It was checked and there is on wax, no infection, was told it was probably allergies. Now what?

I had a ringing noise in my right ear and then it got very hard to hear.  The next day I went in to the doctor who checked it and said there is no wax and no infection and it was probably due to my allergies.  He said to take Claritan or Zyrtec and prescribed prednisone.  It has been a couple of days and the ear is still plugged and I can barely hear out of that ear.  This is the first time this has happened and I am not sure if it will go away by itself or not.  

Related Topics: Allergy, Ears, Tinnitus

A.

I know how frustrating this problem is. I have a similar problem with my left ear. Mine stems from allergies or so I am told. I have fluid on the ear which causes a feeling of it being plugged and also discomfort. I tried all the usual over the counter aids and also was prescribed  oral prednisone but to no avail in relieving my symptoms. I even had an ear tube put in but was very little help. My doctor finally gave me a Solu Medrol injection, which rids your body of excess fluid. Plus putting me on what. they call an oral Medrol pack. It works for me. I have to go in about every three or four months for another round but it has been the only thing that has worked for me. Good luck;

I hope this has been helpful.

A.
Hi, I had a simiar sit. Have you ever tried nasal steroids? They kinda work.

I am wondering if there is a possibility for me to have an allergic reaction to tea. I drink ginger tea and eat food with ginger as well in the past and I never had a single reaction. One day I went to the asian store and bought a new brand of ginger tea. After 1 minute or so of drinking, I felt really anxious and my heart was pounding. I told my husband I feel funny like there is some current running in my face and then I kept on pacing, I was worried. I was diagnosed with TMJ as well in the past but it was just mild clicking of my left jaw and didn't really bother me so much. After 2 days when I had the tea, my face started swelling and I feel there was tightness in my jaw and stuffiness in my ears (Really stuffy) I never had anything like it. Thinking that hey, maybe I had allergic reaction, I took Benadryl for 2 days. It helped a little but not much. Then I tried Allegra D, I felt better. My husband also had some nasal steroids which I also used. The stuffiness is not as much now but I sometimes still feel the tightness in the jaw area and the stuffiness. I sched with the Doctor but my appointment is still on the 10th of April. Waiting it out. Could this be infection? Anyone had any idea if this will go away? I feel miserable. I am taking my state board exam in 3 weeks and I couldn't concentrate! help:(