Q.

Right ear is plugged. It was checked and there is on wax, no infection, was told it was probably allergies. Now what?

I had a ringing noise in my right ear and then it got very hard to hear.  The next day I went in to the doctor who checked it and said there is no wax and no infection and it was probably due to my allergies.  He said to take Claritan or Zyrtec and prescribed prednisone.  It has been a couple of days and the ear is still plugged and I can barely hear out of that ear.  This is the first time this has happened and I am not sure if it will go away by itself or not.  

Related Topics: Allergy, Ears, Tinnitus

A.

I know how frustrating this problem is. I have a similar problem with my left ear. Mine stems from allergies or so I am told. I have fluid on the ear which causes a feeling of it being plugged and also discomfort. I tried all the usual over the counter aids and also was prescribed  oral prednisone but to no avail in relieving my symptoms. I even had an ear tube put in but was very little help. My doctor finally gave me a Solu Medrol injection, which rids your body of excess fluid. Plus putting me on what. they call an oral Medrol pack. It works for me. I have to go in about every three or four months for another round but it has been the only thing that has worked for me. Good luck;

I hope this has been helpful.