Q.

What could be making me feel this way? Neurological disorder? MS? Pinched nerves?

35 yr old female. Blood work=normal. Neck & upper back x-ray showed degenerative disc disease has progressed &spurs forming. Other symptoms: cold sensation on upper lip & tops of thighs, feeling like I peed my pants, weak/wobbly arms & legs, banded/crawling feeling in limbs, frequent headache/migraines, neck/shoulder & joint pain, tightness in throat, fatigue, heart palpitations, small numb areas in hands/feet, electric shock pain in leg. Had a fall from leg weakness. See neuro this week.

A.
I too have a lot of your symptoms.  I have been to many doctors and most of my symptoms are blamed on the fact i fell down stairs back in 1987.  I also have degenerative disk disease with spurs and i have been told that causes pinched nerves.  I also have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia which causes pain in odd places, weakness, numb spots. Have you been tested for Fibromyalgia? I sure hope your doctor gets answers for you soon as its sometimes worse not knowing the problem, (It took 12 yrs. for me to get answers) as not a lot was known about Fibromyalgia back in the 80's.

A.
I assume you have been evaluated by an MD.  What did he advise you?  Your symptoms can have multiple explanations.  MS is one of them, but early-onset Parkinsons Disease is another.  You may also need to be evaluated for Lupus and other auto-immune disorders which require some rather subtle blood work, sometimes repeated, to diagnose.

I write as a chronic face pain patient advocate with 18 years experience in talking with patients and reading medical literature.  My doctorate is not in medicine.

Regards,
R.A. Lawhern, Ph.D.