Q.

Continuous back pain

When I was a teen I hurt my back in football when two lineman came down on me and crushed my spine (seemingly) The pain went away after that. I joined the marine corps, constanty 20 mile hikes with up to 100 pounds of gear. Sometimes we'd do ranges where you'd lay down in the prone to shoot and then get up and run. When I got up i could barely manage the pain. I had to grit my teeth because my lower back hurt so bad. like to pieces of bone were grinding into each other. hump on back.

Related Topics: Spine, Tooth, Running, Hike, Back Pain

A.
I'm so sorry you're going through this. Back pain isn't fun, and it's nothing to fool around with.

When a Marine (or former Marine) tell me he has barely controlled back pain, this tells me he needs to see a doctor. Many back conditions could cause the symptoms you're describing, from a displaced disk to a cracked vertebra. The only way to find out for sure what's going on is to get a physical examination and some testing (like X-rays or MRI) done.

Back problems rarely get better on their own, so the sooner you get this treated, the better.

I wish you all the best with this!

Next Question: