Q.

Why does my nose run all the time?

Its not all the time, but it feels like its always running. I have noticed that im always sniffling or blowing my nosse.

Related Topics: Nose, Running

A.
Sorry to hear of this. Dealing with a constantly runny nose can be very annoying!

The medical term for a runny nose is rhinitis. The runnyness is caused by inflammation of the nasal tissue. The most common type of rhinitis is allergic rhinitis. However, it's possible to have the non-allergic variety, too. Another flavor of rhinitis is called gustatory rhinitis, and this refers to getting a runny nose when you eat. Other things can cause a runny nose, such as exposure to cold weather.

If you've never been diagnosed with nasal allergies, this would be a good time to see your health care provider to determine if your runny nose is caused by allergies or not. If it is, an over-the-counter or prescription medication may help dry up your nasal tissue. If your runny nose is not caused by allergies, then your only option may be to invest in a lot of tissue. Not the best news, I know.

Hope this helps!