Q.

i am having a severe migraine that wont go away and now i am having severe pain behind both ears in the bone

i had a severe migraine and after 11 days i went to the er to get relief. the pain did subside and a day and a half later it came back along with severe pain in the bone behind my ear and now both ears. i am having alot of trouble sleeping. nothing is helping the ear pain. the pain now going down my neck. its now been 4 days since i was in the er. i do have migraines and hemiplegic migraines. i have never had this pain before. i am having trouble getting ahold of my dr.

Related Topics: Migraine, Ears, Neck, Pain

A.
I'm sorry you're going through this. Pain is never fun!

I would urge you to get in to see your doctor as soon as possible. What you're describing does not sound like a migraine at all, but it could possibly be an ear infection. In rare cases, an untreated ear infection can move into the bone behind the ear. This normally happens in children and is called mastoiditis.

No matter what the underlying cause of this pain is, the fact it's ongoing and seems to be getting worse means you need medical attention. If you can't get an office visit, it's probably time for a visit to urgent care.

Feel better!