Q.

How do I kinow if the pain in my calf is a Blood clot?

I have had pain in the center of my calf for about 48 hours.  It is not red or hot, but the pain feels like a charlie horse that won't go away.

Related Topics: Blood Clot, Calf, Pain

A.
If you suspect you might have a blood clot, you should make an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible.

You have a good grasp of the primary symptoms of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), but just because you don't have the redness and heat doesn't mean it's not a DVT. Of course, pain in one calf muscle doesn't necessarily mean you DO have a DVT, either.

Generally, DVT is first assessed using a non-invasive ultrasound test. This imaging test will give your doctor a good look at your veins to see if one of them may be blocked or partially blocked.

If you do have a blood clot in your leg, your doctor may treat it with medications.

Best wishes getting this sorted out!