Q.

I will get nervous and jittery, my head itches and I cannot fall asleep before bed. i wake up in the am with a rash.

this has happened several times and it takes weeks before the rash goes away. my dermatolgist said it is inverse psyroissis. is that possible?

Related Topics: Head, Rash, Nervousness, Itch

A.

I think you mean psoriasis, a common dermatological condition that can appear on any skin surface, including the scalp. I am not sure what the "inverse" part is, but then again, I am not a dermatologist.  So, to address your question: Yes, it is possible to have psoriasis on the scalp. There are many different medications, from steroid solutions to shampoos that can help; and there are prescription and over-the-counter medications to control the itching. Give your dermatologist a call and ask for some help.

Got Your WebMD Answer?

Next Steps: