Q.

does the flu make you sweat

I believe I had the flu.  But wonder because now that the chills are I have been sweating for days.

Related Topics: Flu, Sweating

Medical Editor, WebMD
A.

The flu is a contagious viral illness that can cause high fevers, cough, runny nose and body aches. If you have a high fever, you can sweat with it. The flu usually lasts from a few days up to two weeks.

If your symptoms continue for more than 3 days or your immune system is suppressed or you are over 65, it is important to see your doctor to make sure you don't have anything else with the flu.

A.
Here is some information about influenza and also fever that may help answer your question.

I'm also including a link to this slideshow -- What Makes Your Sweat?

The WebMD Answers Staff