Q.

how long do you ovulate after your period

My cycle usually lasts anywhere between 5 to 6 days..My period usually occurs every 34 days..So i was just wondering how long you ovulate after your period and before??

Related Topics: Period, Ovulation

WebMD
A.

By convention, the first day of your period is the first day of your menstrual cycle. Around day 7 several eggs start to develop in your ovaries. However, only one egg will predominate and be release when you ovulate.

For the average menstrual cycle, which is 28-32 days ovulation occurs on day 14. Remember that these are average days, some woman have shorter cycles and other have longer cycles.