Q.

I have constant diarrhea almost every day, I have bowl movements 30 min after eating and cannot pass a solid bowel.

For years now this has become a growing issue. I very rarely pass a solid bowel movment. I would say 3 times a month. I always have to go the bathroom 30 min after eating. My normal bowel movments per day is 4-7 times a day. Sometimes much more depending on what I eat. I have tried over the counter anti diarrhea meds but they really dont help. I am at my wits end with this. Any ideas as to what this could be? I am not covered by insurance at my job so I avoid going to the doctor at all cost.

A.
I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with this. It sounds exhausting.

Although you don't have insurance, you need to get checked out by a doctor. Chronic diarrhea can have many bad side effects, such as causing a mineral imbalance that affects your heart.

Most cities, even small ones, offer free or low-cost health care clinics. Some of these clinics allow people to pay on a sliding fee scale. This means the fee is based on your income and expenses. You can get information about these clinics by contacting your local Medicaid office. Or use a search engine and type in the name of your city, followed by "free health clinics."

Meanwhile, it's very important you drink plenty of water. Chronic diarrhea can cause severe dehydration.

I wish you all the best in getting the problem diagnosed and treated.

A.

I also have the same problem, and I have insurance and still deal with the same thing; have seen many docs and they don't give me no answers on how to stop it, a along with this problem I have been gaining weight, even if I only drink water it goes right through me, nothing I do seems to work, I have even cut down to eating 1 meal a day, my husband worriers about me so for him I do eat but very small portions  but does not matter how much or how little I eat or drink it still goes right through me,,, please let me know if you find a solution to our problem, all I get from the doctors is what they call a dumping serfdom,