Q.

What do you think of Pedi Spin for diabetics?

I saw Pedi Spin on TV and called up the sellers, asking if it was safe for diabetics. They said, "Yes," but I decided to call my podiatrist who said it's dangerous for diabetics.

What do you say about Pedi Spin?

Thanks.

Related Topics: Vision

A.
Good question, I guess when it comes down to foot care I was always told the most important thing was to check for and cuts, nicks etc and to keep my feet moisturized. This will prevent rough calluses from showing up and severe dryness that can cause cracking and lesions.

I think your podiatrist is worried that using this can cause an abnormal wear on existing skin on your feet, which is a layer of protection when you think about it. What might be precieved as unwanted callus can in fact be thicker skin that protects your feet from cuts and abrasions which can cause an infection.