Q.

I'm on my period but is very painful and heavy. I also had a clear/pinkish fluid come out while i had a super tampon in.

I'm currently on a birth control that allows for em to only have four menstrual cycles a year. Normailly I spot and have a regular period. However, this month my cycle all of a suddent became very heavy and very painful. Also, while I had a super tampon in a clear/pink fluid came out and went on my underwear and shorts. Not a lot of fluid but enough for me to notice my shorts were wet. What could this be? Could this be a miscarriage? Or a bad period?

A.
It sounds like you're very concerned about this as it is unusual for you. My first recommendation is to call your GYN and let him or her know what's going on. Your doctor knows your personal medical history best and will be able to give you the best answers.

While you're waiting, here is some information on heavy periods that I hope will also be helpful.

The WebMD Answers Staff