Q.

How long does it take for fungal meningitis symptoms to occur?

I recieved an epidural injection in my neck for pain control,on right side in June 2012. I started twitching that day, mild twitching occasionally until end of August. Then major twitching/tremor/like conscious seizure which lasted for a week then mild occasional twitching which is still happening. When twitching eased up a little bit I noticed my right leg and right arm was weak. Fine motor skills lacking and foot drop. I am dizzy often and frequent mild headaches for the past week. 

Related Topics: Foot, Leg, Neck, Epidural, Injection

A.
Here is a Q&A on Fungal Meningitis that should answer your question. The longest it has taken during this outbreak so far is 42 days.

Regardless of what is causing the symptoms you list, it's worth calling your doctor and getting in to see him or her soon.

We hope you get to the bottom of this soon.

The WebMD Answers Staff