Q.

How can I rehab a pinched nerve?

After carrying my toddlers for 4 years, my shoulder has developed a pinched nerve causing me to lose my grip.

I am an avid gym rat and this has started causing me severe problems with advancing my weight training.. I will get half way through my workout and will no longer be able to grip anything with my left hand and sometimes my whole left arm won't function fully.

It even pops and cracks now when doing laterals, which it had never done before.

Is there anything I can do to fix the problem?

Related Topics: Arm, Hand, Shoulder, Weight, Workout

A.
Have you been diagnosed with a pinched nerve? Are you having any pain?

Here is some information on pinched nerve that state that the most recommended treatment is simply rest. But, in some cases physical therapy can help as well.

Talk to your doctor about which type of treatment might work best for you.

The WebMD Answers Staff